Xlear® is the leading manufacturer of xylitol-based products in North America.
We provide simple and cost-effective prevention. We are committed to providing natural, health-enhancing products based on the safety, effectiveness, and science of xylitol. We offer drug-free sinus and dental/oral care as well as a line of natural Xylitol sweeteners.
Senior Leadership Team
Co-Founder, International Sales
National Sales Director
After reading the extensive research done in Finland about the benefits of xylitol, Dr. Lon Jones developed a xylitol nasal spray to treat his patients with persistent upper-respiratory infections.
He successfully treated his granddaughter’s ear infections, and soon began dispensing the solution to other patients with ear, nose, and throat issues. The results were astounding. In 2000, Nathan Jones, Dr. Jones’ son, founded Xlear Inc. in order to make the nasal spray commercially available.
Learn more about Xlear® and CEO, Nathan Jones below.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Nathan Jones discuss the following:
- We heard that your company, Xlear, has been conducting research with The Institute for Antiviral Research at Utah State University about SARS-CoV-2. Can you tell us more about the research?
- You have started with this research at the beginning of the pandemic. What progress have you made since then?
- Although you are an entrepreneur, you come from a medical family and your father is a medical doctor. We learned that he has recently published a book about upper respiratory issues. Its main premise is that we should wash our noses. Can you elaborate on that?
- What trends have you seen in how people approach their health during pandemic?
- What do you hope to see happen as we move into Fall?
Nathan Jones, the CEO of Xlear, global leader in creating natural, convenient, xylitol-based sinus and oral care products that support a healthy lifestyle.
Nathan was born in Kansas City and he spent his formative years in Idaho, in a small town where his father was the town doctor. Later, in a pursuit to provide needed support for the entire family of 14 kids, Nathan’s parents have made the decision to move to Michigan, and then Mexico City. When he was 16 years old, the family made another move, this time to Utah which is also where Nathan graduated from high school.
He attended college for a year, spent a year in active duty, and also went on a two year mission with his church. He moved back home in 1994 and started attending Utah Valley University. Later, he made a transition to Seattle where he attended school to become a commercial diver – he used skills from this education when he worked as a diver in oilfields in Louisiana between 1995 and 2000.
Another transition occurred when he moved back to Utah and founded Xlear in 2000 where he has been ever since.