Dental healthcare professionals around the world agree that chewing sugar free gum after snacks and in between meals is an excellent way to combat tooth decay and oral illness. Recent studies conducted by psychologists also show that chewing gum enhances mental performance.
Although you don’t swallow chewing gum like you do the food you eat, you still ingest its ingredients. The act of chewing itself stimulates the production of saliva, and that saliva is a mixture of all the soluble ingredients in the gum. You may not even notice it, but you swallow saliva several times while chewing it. Keeping all of this in mind, the ingredients in your chewing gum are very important.
The best way to take control of what you put in your mouth is to make it yourself. Making your own chewing gum is completely doable and a ton of fun!
Here’s a simple 3-ingredient recipe for 100% natural sugar free chewing gum that everyone will enjoy!
- Natural Beeswax – 6 oz.
- XyloSweet or Lite&Sweet- ¼ cup
- Flavoring (cinnamon, peppermint, lemon, etc.) or finely chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, lemongrass, mint, etc.)
- Put 6 oz. of beeswax into a double broiler until melted. If you don’t have a double broiler simply place the wax into a bowl on top of a pot with one inch of water on the stove.
- Keep an eye on the wax, letting it melt until it is soft and mostly liquid.
- Add 1/4 cup of XyloSweet or Lite&Sweet and 5 drops of your preferred flavoring extract. You may also use finely chopped fresh herbs to taste, like lemon grass or rosemary if you prefer!
- Pour the mixture into candy molds or ice cube trays.
- Place in the refrigerator until hardened then remove and wrap in wax paper until you are ready to chew.
If you don’t have the time to make your own chewing gum and you still want to know that what you’re chewing is healthy, sugar-free, and natural, try Spry. Our natural, sugar-free gum comes in a variety of flavors that give your smile a healthy boost each time you chew.